1.Scope of application
“Personal data” herein means information that can directly or indirectly identify an individual who is the alive person only. This Policy extends and covers all Processing of personal data performed by Honda including;
(1) individual customers who could be the current customers, the past customers, or the future customers including representatives of corporate customers who are juristic persons;
(2) our shareholders who is a natural person including the representatives of shareholders who are juristic persons;
(3) managing director, authorized person or the assignee to act on behalf of a juristic person;
(4) partners, contracting parties, business partners, dealers who are natural persons or the representatives of such parties;
(5) service providers, contractors, lessors, lessees, licensors, who have the status of the natural persons or the representatives of such parties;
(6) those who participate in activities organized by Honda or activities that Honda cooperates with other entities and where Personal Data is processed;
(7) persons who disclose or transfer their personal data to the Data Controller or Data Processor and those persons who have disclosed or transferred such personal data to Honda; and,
(8) any other person who owns the personal data together with persons under (1) - (7) and such personal data is processed by Honda.
This Policy also applies the Process that takes place on web pages and mobile devices, customer service center, events, exhibitions and any other method which Honda processes Personal Data. However, this Policy does not cover Personal Data that you provide us through other channels that are not directly under our control, such as social networks (such as Facebook, Line, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), including in the event that you have purchased products or used services from a seller, person or entity certified by us. If you would request to exercise your rights under the Personal Data Protection Act, please contact such person or agency directly.
In cases where Personal Data that we have collected before the Personal Data Protection Act comes into force, Honda has the right to continue Processing such Personal Data for its original purpose without obtaining your consent. If you do not want us to collect and use your Personal Data for such purposes. You may contact us to stop the collection or use of that Personal Data by following the contact methods listed in Section 12. How to Contact Us.
2. Personal Data Collected by Us
We may collect Personal Data about you, including:
• Personal information: e.g. first name, last name, national ID card number, date of birth,
• Contact information: e.g. address, telephone number, email ID and similar information,
• Information to create a user profile: e.g. username, password or PIN,
• Vehicle information: e.g. identification number Your vehicle (VIN) , date of purchase, or store where it was sold to you
• Product information: e.g. product key. date and place of purchase, warranty,
• Transaction information: e.g. purchase and service history, product specifications, reservation or purchase of products/ services, payment for products/ services, your bank account number, the billing address includes details about the service fees or expenses,
• Information for the opinions or interests of the products/ services: e.g. interests, comments, suggestions, discussion information, responses, survey responses,
• Registration or activity information: such as affiliation, work history,
• Details about connecting to the Honda website: e.g. your operating system, your browser type, details of the your device (such as your serial number, MAC Address), geographic location of connection,
• Details about your visit to the Honda website: e.g. cookie (Cookie), IP address or unique identifier of the device or tools used to connect to it (collectively, the “Devices”), time of connection,
• Other information that you submit to us in connection with the Honda website: e.g. your location.
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Data.
We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
(1) Managing the business of Honda, to support and carry out other activities related to the reservation, sale of products/ services, such as financial transactions and account management. Reviewing and confirming of actions, delivery, warranties, membership management or sign up for benefits. Facilitating of registration/ warranty. Refunding or replacing after sales service and management in various fields for your convenience in using products/ services. Communicating with you to give special privileges and promotions market news about Honda products/ services. Providing the benefits, sweepstakes, prize draws, contests for participation as the important customers in activities of Honda.
(2) Operating the actions as the distributor of Honda products in Thailand, supporting and developing business for the benefit of Honda and Honda Group Companies to support the operation of the appointed dealers such as management, contact, coordination, support and business promotion in various forms including any transactions or juristic acts that are or may be related to the dealers.
(3) Promoting of products/ services, presenting of information including the benefits, recommending of products/ services that are useful to you or in areas that may interest you. In particular, we may provide the personalization by analyzing information based on your interests or behavior in products/ services (Profiling) and analysis of data (Data Analytics) from the processing of your Personal Data. Learning more about you in the products/ services that you received and other products/ services that you may be interested. Assessing your interest or behavior towards products/ services. Giving you a proper experience and to conduct market research, conduct surveys, assess behaviors, statistics and categorization. Consumption patterns and trends. Improving the quality of information. Increasing the effectiveness of promotions and products/ services for the above purposes. We will collect and process your Personal Data for your interests and benefits, also for our legitimate interests and Honda Group Companies business operations and/ or our business partners which does not exceed the basic rights of the Data Subject for the Personal Data. We will request your consent from time to time if necessary.
(4) Developing and improving Honda's products/ services, distribution centers and any services which are appointed or authorized from us by asking the opinions or satisfaction with the products/ services which you received from us or obtained from the sale and service center authorized by us for considering the effectiveness of such center about its services to customers to provide customers with appropriate services. For that purpose, we will collect and disclose your Personal Data for your benefits and for our legitimate and Honda Group Companies business operations and/ or our business partners. This does not exceed the basic rights of the Data Subject for the Personal Data. We will request your consent from time to time if necessary.
(5) Managing and developing the important business performance. Researching and developing our services, products, systems and Honda Group Companies business operations by considering the overview of the data, feasibility and suitability in the business sector, as well as analyzing problem and solving problem,
(6) Carrying out activities, competitions or projects that Honda arranges, is a part or participates in that activity. Either in participating or as part of a competition, project or activity still image processing moving images through our various communication channels or the mass media,
(7) Performing of the agreement, condition or contract with you.
(8) Managing of websites. Facilitating access and smooth use, customizing usage patterns according to your interests. Improving safety efficiency in information technology including internal business management according to internal rules, policies and procedures,
(9) Complying with relevant laws or regulations. Either for business purposes such as industry standards, accounting or by legal requirements to protect the rights and interests of you and Honda Group Companies,
(10) Verifying your identity, check your identity in accordance with legal or other applicable regulations or by means of security of your Personal Data,
(11) Using, disclosing, transferring Personal Data related to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of Honda assets, mergers, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions or any other type of acquisition or merger of business of all or part of our assets or the transfer of all or part of our business to the relevant company,
(12) Risk management, operational Audit and risk assessment.
Honda acknowledged that your Personal Data which has been processing for the purpose related to the compliance of laws, to enter the agreement or to comply with the agreement under the objectives of this Article, is necessary for us to achieve such objectives. Choosing not to share your Personal Data with us or withdrawing your consent to use Personal Data, may have legal consequences or result in our inability to perform contractual obligations or to entering into an agreement with you.
4. Methods of Collecting Personal Data
If necessary, we will ask for your consent before or while collecting your Personal Data in document or electronic form. If such a format is not possible, we may obtain your consent in other ways for example verbal consent through an automated telephone recording system. However, we may store your Personal Data without your consent in the following cases:
• For preparation of historical or archival documents for public benefit or related to research studies or statistics in which we will determine the appropriate security measures to protect your rights and freedoms. We will operate under the law including the notices that is announced by the Personal Data Protection Committee,
• For prevention or suppression harm to your life, body or health,
• For performing of agreement or contract in the event that you are a party to a contract, or to use for our request before entering into an agreement,
• Having necessity, in order to perform a task in the public interest or to perform a function entrusted by a state,
• Being necessary for our legitimate interest or of another person or juristic person. We will consider the benefits to be no less than your fundamental right to Personal Data,
• For complying with the laws applicable to Honda Group Companies.
5. Collection of Sensitive Data
Where it is necessary to collect sensitive data such as religion, blood type, religious information, ethnicity, health information, fingerprints, disability, trade union information, criminal record and any other similar information as required by law or notice which is important information for your benefit, we may collect such sensitive data with your consent by asking you to disclose either in the form of documents or electronic, except in cases where consent is not required by law. You can consider consenting to the disclosure of this sensitive data according to your wishes.
6. Retention Period of Personal Data
We will keep your Personal Data as necessary within a reasonable time or within the period specified by law. To achieve the purposes stated in this Policy and for the benefit of protecting your Personal Data specifically.
7. Place to Store Personal Data.
We keep your Personal Data in Thailand. If necessary, we may store your personal data in databases located in foreign countries. To achieve the purposes described in this Policy, in such cases, we will ensure that your Personal Data is properly protected under the Personal Data Protection Act.
8. Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is confidential. Forwarding Personal Data to other parties, including Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and Honda subsidiaries and affiliates (Honda Group Companies), Licensee, business partners, partners and/or service providers, accountants, auditors, consultants, lawyers and specialists who may live in Thailand or abroad and/or the third parties selected by us or by those who receive Personal Data from us as aforesaid, will act carefully to achieve the purposes described in this Policy and only purpose as has been settle each other by the consideration in the sufficient protection standards of Personal Data. Such actions will be done reasonably to ensure that the person receiving the information is able to provide the protection of your Personal Data in accordance with the standards or required by Personal Data Protection Act in Thailand which is stipulated and applicable at such time.
In this case, we may share Personal Data with staff, government agency and other people involved in the performance of duties under the law or when requested by the competent authorities to disclose Personal Data for legitimate purposes.
Especially, in case we do business improvement, we may share or pass on your Personal Data to potential prospective or business partners in connection with anticipated or actual mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, mergers, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or other types of acquisitions or business combinations of all or part of our assets or the transfer of all or part of our business to a related entity.
9. Security Measures
We require organizational measures, appropriate techniques and management to protect personal data under our control from unauthorized destruction, loss, access, use, alteration or disclosure without permission. However, it is understandable that transmission over the internet or storage systems cannot provide absolute security. For this reason, we will develop a security system in accordance with current technology.
We may update this Policy from time to time for compliance with the applicable laws or regulations. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you of such changes through our website. Choosing not to share your Personal Data with us or withdrawing your consent to use Personal Data, may have legal consequences or result in our inability to perform contractual obligations, including providing you with appropriate support, or to entering into an agreement with you.
11. Your Legal Rights
To the extent applicable to this Policy, if you have a problem with the Processing of your Personal Data, you have the legal right to do the following:
• Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw the consent given to us. by withdrawing this consent, it may affect any actions you have taken with us and you may not receive the beneficial rights or services from us. Your response to withdraw, does not affect the processing of your Personal Data that we have undertaken as received your prior consent.
• Right to access Personal Data: You have the right to request access, obtain a copy or request us to disclose any acquisition of your Personal Data that is under our responsibility.
• Right to rectification: You can request us to correct your Personal Data to be accurate, current, complete and not misleading.
• Right to be forgotten: You have the right to request that we delete, destroy or make your Personal Data non-identifiable. By deleting this Personal Data, it may affect any actions you have taken with us and you may not receive the beneficial rights or services from us. Your response to withdraw, does not affect the Processing of your Personal Data that we have undertaken as received your prior consent.
• Right to restriction: You can request us to suspend the Processing of Personal Data.
• Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us. The information you requested, must be in a format that is readable or generally usable by a device or device that works automatically and can use or disclose Personal Data in an automated way. You may also request us to transfer or transmit such form of Personal Data to another Data Controller in an automated form, or you may request us to transfer your Personal Data directly to another Data Controller, but only such transferring or transmitting is applicable in commercial and technical.
• Right to object: You have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data which is under our control. By accepting an objection to this processing of your Personal Data, it may result in you not being able to accept the beneficial rights or services from us. Your response to objection, does not affect the processing of your Personal Data that we have undertaken as received your prior consent.
• Right to lodge a complaint: In the event that you believe that there is a violation against the Personal Data Protection Act, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the relevant legal authority. However, the Company urges you to inform the Company (via below contact of the Company) of your concern before you contact the relevant agencies, the Company will take action to resolve such concerns before you contact the relevant agencies.
We reserve the right to reject your request In order to protect your benefits or by existing rights as provided by law including in the event that it appears that you cannot identify or verify that you are the Data Subject of the Personal Data. In order to exercise of the above rights, we may also charge a fee in the event that you have a claim in certain circumstances. Any expenses shall be at Honda's discretion, on a case.
In the event that you purchase products or use services from a dealer, person or agency certified by us. If you wish to exercise your rights under this article, please contact to exercise your rights with the person above who is the Data Controller of your Personal Data.
12. How to Contact Us
Asian Honda Motor Co., Ltd., Compliance & Internal Control Function.
Address: 14 Sarasin Building, Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand